By using or accessing our Website or services in any manner, you are consenting that we may collect, use, and share your information as described herein.
How We Use Data
We use your Personal Information internally in connection with our services:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To track correspondence.
- To fulfill your requests for information, products and services.
- To provide, analyze and improve our services
- To communicate with you regarding updates to policies or services, changes to features of our Website, or other information. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please unsubscribe through this link: https://uot.nationbuilder.com/unsubscribe or by emailing email@example.com (Contact: Research Analyst and Stakeholder Engagement Coordinator, Government Relations Office, University of Toronto, 416-978-5409).
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into with you.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, usage details, search queries, traffic data, geolocation data, logs and other communication data, as well as the resources that you access and use on the Website, and the information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies,
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party Websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). For more information on how to opt-out of advertiser tracking mechanisms, please visit networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Cookies (or browser cookies)
- A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. It may contain certain data, including, but not limited to: the name of the server that has placed it there, an identifier in the form of a unique number, and, an expiration date (some cookies only). Cookies are managed by the web browser on your computer (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari or Google Chrome).
We use the NationBuilder™ platform to organize our community of members, supporters and prospects. You can read more about that company and its features and polices at NationBuilder.com. When you visit our Website, NationBuilder may send one or more cookies to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets you log in faster and enhance your navigation through our Website. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of our Website may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
How Your Information is Shared
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All Personal Information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers (or those of our service providers) behind firewalls. We may store, retrieve, access, and transmit your Personal Information in the US or in other countries.
A profile account is created on the Website when you supply your email address. Following termination or deactivation of your account, we will retain your Personal Information and other data for 2 years, but will maintain it as confidential as required by applicable law. We have the right to delete all of your Personal Information and other data 2 years after termination of your account without notice to you. We may also retain your profile information and user content for a reasonable time for archival purposes.
Your Rights to Your Data You may be able to access, update, or request deletion of your Personal Information we have on file. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
Requests regarding your Personal Information can be made by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Contact: Research Analyst and Stakeholder Engagement Coordinator, Government Relations Office, University of Toronto, 416-978-5409).
Individuals Under the Age of 18
We do not knowingly collect, solicit or maintain Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register for our services. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information from our database.
GOVERNMENT RELATIONS OFFICE
University of Toronto
27 King’s College Circle, Toronto, ON, M5S 3K1